How to Make Daughter's First Birthday Special

Mostly, first time mothers would search for ways on how to make the first birthday celebration of their child extra special and memorable. 

Just like me.

As early as three months before my first daughter's first birthday I spent longer hours browsing the web and asking Mr. Google some ideas on how to make it extraordinary or extra special. Just like any other moms out there, I only want the best for my daughter.

But the question is - Will my daughter really be happy on her big day?

And the answer to that is - I don't know, I really don't know.

So what should I do? She must be happy on her first birthday. 

The clue: Please don't forget that it is not your birthday, not your event. It's her birthday. So that day should only be about HER. Not yours or anybody else.

So I cancelled the reservations for catering, dessert buffet , decorations , and invitations. 

On February 20, 2017 - a day before her birthday celebration, I search Mr. Google again because I'm really out of ideas that would work with my daughter. Then I stumbled upon a certain blog where a mom opted for a birthday breakfast for her daughter named London Grace. I knew that her idea would work on my daughter too.

Update: Here's the link, finally found it - http://www.thoughtfullysimple.com/a-birthday-breakfast-party/

So I called Keira's Dad and informed him of my plan. He said no and I was devastated.

---------------------------------
At 6PM on February 20, 2017 - it's time to get off from work.  Then I decided that Keira should have a birthday breakfast regardless of her Dad's opinion. My stubborn self brought me to Ayala, the closest mall to my working place. I went straight to Hannah's and bought some balloons, decors and other party favors.

After Hannah's, I went to Metro Department Store and bought a battery operated monster truck with remote control using the money given by her Samchon Lyan (Ryan Galagala). You must be wondering why I bought that kind of toy because Keira is a girl. Well, she loves cars and anything that would make a broom broom sound.

Before going home, I dropped by at Blue Magic but decided not to buy an oversize hug-gables yet as no one would help me carry it.

When I reached home, I skipped dinner and proceed to inflate those balloons. With the help of my cousin Samchon Luben (Roven Hernandez), Keira had a room full of balloons when she woke up in the morning.

For the cake and cupcakes, I ordered it from Cake Dream Cebu worth Php1k with free cakepops and was delivered on time.

https://www.facebook.com/cakedreamcebu/

----------

February 21, 2017 - HER BIG DAY

As early as 4:30AM, I sneaked from our room to prepare our small round table and went to Jollibee. Here's the photo.

Few minutes after I finished arranging the foods, she was already on her way downstairs with my cousin. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to click the camera and captured her expression when she saw the cake and our simple decors. But of course, that smile was already tattooed in my heart. 

Here are some of the photos for your viewing. It was just a simple breakfast with Keira's Mom, Dad and Uncle.









Breakdown of cost:
Decors - 559.00
Cake/cupcakes - 1000.00
Jollibee -1000.00

For only Php2,500.00, her first thing in the morning were already great and fun. 

And I love the dress I put her on before she went to bed on the night before her birthday. I did it to avoid the tantrums early in the morning. Because....she got cranky every time we changed her clothes. 


That's all for her morning activities.

---------------------------------------------------------------

At 10AM, we hired a tricycle that would bring us to Cebu Happyworld Museum in Gabi, Cordova Cebu. From Bankal Lapulapu to Cordova, it's just less than 30 minutes ride using this route (Bankal-Pajac-Agus-Soong-Crossing-Gabi)

Entrance fee at Cebu Happyworld is Php350 for adults and Php250 for kids. But because it was Keira's birthday, we only paid Php1400 for 4 adults. Keira and Antoine (neighbors son, also 1 year old) were free. 

Important note: Shoes are not allowed inside the museum and please go there after lunch or after breakfast when you are still full. Because they only have burgers and fries for snacks. Burgers are Php80 each and fries are Php50.00

Pictures at Happyworld: To be posted soon...

----------------------------------------------------------------

6PM , we headed to Muvans at Mactan Newtown Alfresco. They have our favorite pochero and some seafoods at a reasonable prices.  Mactan Alfresco is just like a foodcourt that you'll find in a mall. 


Photos: to be posted soon


Her birthday celebration ended at 9PM on February 21, 2017. A full day of activities for a minimal cost.

Morning - Php2500
Afternoon - Php1400 +500 (snacks)
Evening - Php2000
Transpo - Php500
Printing of pictures - Php1000

Birthday clothes - Php0.0000000

  • (Morning)Pink Peppa Pig with Tutu - not new. One of my gifts to her from Hongkong
  • (Afternoon)Celebrity Kids yellow dress - a christmas gift from Ms. Bing
  • Shoes- her daily shoe
  • (Evening) - another dress from HK
There's no need to buy a new dress on her birthday. Just use whatever she has. Anyway, she won't be using it for more than 3 hours as we need to change their clothes frequently.




Comments